20/10/2008

Sapo becomes Ice Care media partner







I’ve nurtured quite a chunk of projects in my life, and developed the gut feeling to spot the no-turning-back point.
There is an instant in time, when my projects spring life of their own, thus becoming independent from its creator.
I felt that thrill on my first meeting with Portugal Telecom group. That day the Ice Care became an entity…spread its wings and took off.

We’ve discussed several ideas to implement together.
After this one meeting, I remember talking to a friend saying: ‘Can’t go back now! I really must climb the Kilimanjaro now!’
Meant as a joke, obviously, there’s nothing I want more now than start the expedition.

A couple of weeks later, Sapo formalizes its relationship with Ice Care, as media partner.

On the roadmap there are a few communication activities:
. creation of www.icecare.org;
. hosting of Ice Care blog on Sapo platform;
. on-line communication of several themes such as: environment / ecology / adventure / climate change;
. creation of a video blog with: training videos / expedition videos / pedagogic videos / etc.

This partnership with Sapo is very important for Ice Care, considering the momentum internet content has been gaining, surpassing occasionally the attractiveness of television.
According to my good friend Jorge Vassalo – developer of http://ateondevaiscom1000euros.blogspot.com/ which I strongly recommend to adventure enthusiast – his award winning blog had more than 120.000 unique visitors! And most visitors on Monday mornings, I wonder why?

Thank you Sapo, for your trust and support!