23/02/2009

Hospitals are not for me


I ripped off the acromio-clavicular ligament on a snowboard fall in the winter of 97 – never fixed it!
On my twenties I was made of rubber, just like any other kid that age. No damage was too serious let alone perpetual.

10 years have passed and my shoulder is still out of place. Today I pay the heavy bill of my laissez passer, especially when the weather changes.

By then, hospitals were just like playing golf - the end of the line for me – you wouldn’t find me there before my 50th birthday!

Chatting with Ze Diogo, he mentioned some short of sports support clinics, which he thought could mean good business! A kind of preventive or even pedagogic health care, for the healthy people! Health services for active life and for heath and not only for the lack of it.

For that reason I was so surprise when, at our first meeting, HPP SAUDE mentioned their concept of ‘health of the new generation’ – it was a completely innovative perspective! Health care as a way to prevent problems instead of trying to fix them.

From that point on, we have established one of the most important partnerships of the Ice Care project. HPP SAUDE has become the OFFICIAL HEALTH CARE SERVICE of our expeditions, providing checkups for all the team and specialized doctors (my shoulder badly needs one!). We’re being looked after as top performing football stars! How great is that!
We’ve also talked about sending one of their doctors with us on the expeditions!

Thanks HPP SAUDE for your support and for the way you address the health care services!

Sem comentários: